Pleasant View Lodge
The new development will replace the Pleasantview Lodge and increase capacity to 92 units. 40 units will be lodge places, and 52 units will be designated for supportive living spaces to help seniors as their care needs change.
3 Storey with 92-Unit lodge with supportive living.
- A large game room/lounge equipped to handle significant social events, including movie nights, happy hour, games and pool.
- A fitness room with equipment for physiotherapy light exercise.
- A large multi-purpose/craft room to hold social events.
- A family kitchen for residents' private functions.
- Multiple meeting spaces.
- Resident laundry room.
- And of course quiet living room spaces, dining and commercial kitchen.
The project was made possible through support from the G5 municipalities, Province of Alberta and the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation. The province estimate the project will create roughly 175 jobs during the planning design and construction of the facility. Permanent jobs will be added one the facility is operational.
The Grande Spirit Foundation is presently completing a funding application for the construction of a 26-unit seniors self contained apartment adjacent to the new lodge to complete the circle of care an enable seniors to age in place in the community