Temporary Rent Assistance Benefit
The Temporary Rent Assistance Benefit provides a modest subsidy for working households with low income or those between jobs. Support is intended to help eligible tenants afford their rent while they stabilize or improve their situation.
- Paid directly to tenants
- Available in, Grande Prairie. Satellite towns such as Sexsmith, Beaverlodge, Hythe, Spirit River, Debolt and all surrounding areas.
- Households are eligible if they are if they are below local income thresholds and employed or have been employed in the last 24 months and are not receiving social assistance, including:
- Income Support
- Learner Income Support
- Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped
- Alberta Seniors Benefit
- Guaranteed Income Supplement
- Old Age Security
- amount calculated based on household size and location and will be reduced in the second year – view benefit rates for the current year
- 2-year limit with eligibility reassessed after the first year
- households are prioritized on a first-come, first-served basis
- households can reapply for rent assistance at the end of 2 year